Toasted Pound Cake with Grapefruit and Vanilla Curd
Recipe by Sarah Phillips and Kelly Hong; Food styling and photos by Kelly Hong © 2012 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
There's nothing like serving toasted pound cake, with citrus curd, for a simply sensational dessert. If rushed for time, you could use a store-bough pound cake, if desired, and Vanilla Instant Pudding instead of the Grapefruit and Vanilla Curd. Follow the pie filling instructions and make it with grapefruit juice. Orange segments or even fresh strawberries would be great topping-off this delicious dessert
CAKE RECIPE HELP
KELLY SAYS: "This is such a delish dessert...LOVE it!"
I show you how to peel and segment 2 red grapefruits here: How to Supreme Citrus Fruits
1 recipe Basic Pound Cake, Orange Variation
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
1 recipe Grapefruit and Vanilla Curd
2 red grapefruits, preferably Ruby Red, peeled and segmented, or 1 white (Oro Blanco) and 1 red grapefruit (Ruby Red)
1 recipe Basic Vanilla Ice Cream and/or Whipped Cream, optional
2 teaspoons grated orange peel, optional
1. Cut the Pound Cake into eight 1-inch slices.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
Arrange the pound cake in a single layer on the prepared pan. Brush both sides with the melted butter.
3. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, turning once half way through, or until lightly golden on both sides.
4. Lightly brush both sides of the toasted cake slices with liqueur. Set on a wire cake rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
1. Transfer cooled cake slices to individual serving plates.
2. Then arrange the grapefruit segments next to the cake slice on the plate.
NOTE: If using two types of grapefruit, arrange them in alternating colors.
3. Optionally top with a scoop of Basic Vanilla Ice Cream.
4. Spoon a generous amount of Grapefruit and Vanilla Curd over the ice cream and cake.
5. Optionally, serve whipped cream on the side, sprinkled with a few pieces of orange peel.
Store the cake and curd separately. See individual recipes for storage requirements.
Tagspound cake cake vanilla curd tutorial
Sour Cream Apple Walnut Pie
27095 views| 31 comments
Old-Fashioned Hard Candy
8421 views| 0 comments
Crockpot Dulce de Leche
8463 views| 22 comments