Recipe by chefcandy, Premium Member © 2010 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
I don't recall where I found this recipe, but every year I made this for my grandfather from his home grown strawberries! Strawberries were his favorite...
This slices best 1 day after baking. if you can wait! Serve with sweet butter or strawberry jam.
QUICK-BREAD RECIPE HELP
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour; spoon into measuring cup and level to rim
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter (like peanut butter consistency)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 large eggs
1 cup hulled and crushed or chopped fresh strawberries
NOTE: you can use slightly thawed frozen berries too
1. Position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 8-x 4-x 2-inch loaf pan then line with wax paper or parchment. then grease paper
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and extract.
4. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Add the flour mixture in three portions, alternating with the berries in two portions, mixing only until blended.
6. Scoop the batter into prepped pan, smoothing top evenly with spoon.
7. Bake 50 - 60 minutes. or until a pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, but not batter.
8. Let bread stand on a rack for 10 minutes and then turn out onto rack, peel off paper and turn on its side to cool completely.