by Sarah Phillips; Food Styling and Photos by Sarah Phillips © 7-26-2016 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
Summer guacamole is a new twist on a favorite year-round snack - it has chopped watermelon, hints of fresh ginger, and lemon juice mixed in. Optionally you can add in finely minced mint, if desired. It's so refreshing and is a nice riff on the same old guacamole made with tomatoes and avocados.
Try it; I think you'll love this variation! All of the ingredients added to the avocados are to taste, so design your own sublime variation!
VEGETABLE INGREGIENT HELP
2 Haas avocados
1/2 lemon or lime; juiced
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger, or more to taste
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup cubed watermelon, cut in 1/4-inch cubed and save the juice, optional (a few teaspoons)
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves, garnish
1. Mash the avocado in a medium size bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice, fresh ginger, lemon zest, and salt to the avocado and stir.
3. Add in the watermelon, a few teaspoons watermelon juice (optional), and mix lightly combine.
4. Sprinkle fresh mint leaves on top.
5. Chill for at least an hour.
Serve with chips or cucumber slices
Store in the fridge for a day, well-covered. Stir before serving.