Recipe by Sarah Phillips; Food styling and photos by Kelly Hong © 2008 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
I make this to serve with The Ultimate Apple Pie Recipe with a Rum Raisin Sauce!
FROSTING, ICING, ETC RECIPE HELP
KELLY SAYS: "Seriously, I could eat that rum raisin sauce with a spoon!"
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup dark rum
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoon cornstarch
Combine the raisins and rum in a small bowl and let stand 20 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine sugar and 1/4 cup water and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
Boil 5 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Dissolve the cornstarch in orange juice.
4. To the boiled sugar mixture, stir in the orange juice / cornstarch mixture, raisin / rum mixture, and butter.
5. Return mixture to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
6. Remove from heat and cool until warm. Serve
Store in the refrigerator for a few days.