Recipe by Orange Piggy, Premium Member © 2010 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
Bars and photo by Orange Piggy © Sarah Phillips
A perfect autumn baked 4snack recipe that has an oatmeal brown sugar crust topped with pumpkin pie filling, that is cut into bars.
COOKIE RECIPE HELP
1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour; spoon into measuring cup and level to rim
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1/2 cup dark or light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup chopped pecans
8 oz. cream cheese, softened; preferably Philadelphia Brand
3 large eggs
1 (15 oz.) can solid pack pumpkin; do not use pumpkin pie filling
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon each cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
Make the crust:
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over the sides; grease the foil.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and brown sugar; cut in butter with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and chopped nuts.
3. Reserve 1 cup of flour mixture, press the remaining on the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Keep the oven on.
Cool on wire rack.
Make the filling:
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and spice with an electric mixer until well blended.
2. Pour over the crust, sprinkle the top with reserved flour mixture.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and the top is lightly brown.
Cool completely on wire cake rack.
4. Refrigerate bars for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Store in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Does not freeze well.