Recipe by Sarah Phillips © 2009 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
When you do not have jam on hand, this is a way to add a nice sheen to your fruit placed on baked goods.
FROSTING, ICING, ETC RECIPE HELP
1 pint strawberries, fresh and hulled
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Reserve 1 cup of prettiest strawberries. Mash remainder.
2. Measure and add enough water to make 1 cup.
3. In a small saucepan, first mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add the mashed strawberry mixture, and stir.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until clear and slightly thickened. Cool.
4. Strain through a fine strainer to remove any seeds.
5. Cut reserved berries in half and arrange on top of custard, pie or cake. Brush glaze over with a pastry brush. Chill.