Recipe by Kelly Hong © 2009 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
Meefy, Premium Member, Says,"Sarah, Many years ago I made a soft chocolate cookie with a maraschino cherry wrapped up inside of it. After it was baked and cool, I would drizzle or enrobe it with chocolate fondant and put in a paper candy cup. I can't locate this recipe, and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of it, or better yet has the recipe. Really a great party or holiday addition. Thanks!" Well, here it is!
COOKIE RECIPE HELP
Kelly Says, "This is my favorite recipe!"
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour; spoon into measuring cup and level to rim
1/8 teaspoon salt
24 maraschino cherries
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
additional powdered sugar
1. Position an oven shelf to the middle of the oven. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat (cream) butter and sugar. Add milk and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt gradually add to the creamed mixture.
3. Divide dough into 24 portions, shape each around a cherry forming a ball. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
5. Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and cherry juice until smooth to make a glaze. Drizzle over cookies. Dust with additional powdered sugar.