Recipe by Cyndi65, Premium Member © 2011 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
Dessert and photo by Cyndi65 © Sarah Phillips
My son, Charles, just loves this dessert! He has been after me for a while to make it for him, and I finally broke down and did it.
It's really very quick and easy to make.
CHEESECAKE RECIPE HELP
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately 24 whole graham crackers)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1 8-oz package Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature; preferably Philadelphia Brand
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 can blueberry pie filling
1- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
chopped nuts, optional
1. Position an oven shelf to the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar. Drizzle the melted butter on top, and mix. Press in greased 9- x 13- pan or casserole dish. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, cream the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. Pour evenly over crust, making sure to spread the mixture all over.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges of the cream cheese will start to turn slightly brown - that's when you take it out of the oven. Sprinkle cream cheese with cinnamon.
6. Let cool completely on a wire cake rack (very important because if this isn't cooled before you add the whipped topping, it will cause it to melt)
7. Spread the pie filling on cream cheese. Then carefully top with whipped topping, and sprinkle with nuts.
8. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Keep refrigerated for a few days. Does not freeze well.