Recipe by Sarah Phillips © 2007 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
Every baker needs an excellent chocolate pastry glaze recipe in their repertoire. This one is it!
FROSTING, ICING, ETC RECIPE HELP
Recipe used with the:
Coffee-Pecan Mini Eclairs Recipe
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1. Chop the chocolate up into small pieces and place into a bowl.
2. Combine the cream and corn syrup together in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil on medium heat over the stove.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, and let the mixture sit for a minute or so to let the chocolate start melting.
4. Using a rubber spatula, carefully stir the mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth, trying not to incorporate too much air into it.
5. The glaze is now ready to be used. If it starts to cool and become too thick, heat it gently over a pot of simmering water until it becomes liquid again.
Store ganache glaze at room temperature for a day or two, and then it must be refrigerated.