Recipe by Sarah Phillips; Food Styling and Photos by Kelly Hong © 1-21-2014 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
This is the perfect, pourable deep dark chocolate dessert sauce. Drizzle it over slices of cake, scoops of ice cream, or other desserts. It's a bit thinner than hot fudge sauce recipes, making it easily pourable.
CHOCOLATE RECIPE HELP
1 pound (16-ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips or semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/4-inch evenly sized pieces
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put the chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the heavy cream, milk, and corn syrup, over medium-low heat.
NOTE: You can also heat the cream mixture in a microwave-proof bowl in the microwave, as we did here.
3. When steaming hot, pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
4. Add in the butter and whisk until incorporated.
5. Stir in the vanilla.
6. Press a piece of plastic wrap on its surface. Set aside to cool.
Store ganache in the refrigerator.
1. Warm in a double boiler, gently warm the chocolate ganache over simmering water. Stir frequently.
2. Serve over ice cream or desserts.