Recipe by Sarah Phillips; Food styling and photos by Kelly Hong © 2010 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
Variations: Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake; Cream Cheese Pound Cake and Variations
They're moist chocolate cream cheese pound cake cupcakes, dipped in ganache, then iced with blueberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream! So good! You can make the cupcakes in other flavors by using my Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe, instead. We also include a VIDEO - How to Icing Swirls - How to Make the Perfect One
CAKE RECIPE HELP
1 recipe Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 recipe Simple Chocolate Ganache, Step-by-Step
1 recipe Swiss Meringue Buttercream Flavored with Jam - Blueberry Variation
32 to 36 fresh blueberries to garnish tops, optional
STEP I: BAKE THE CUPCAKES AND LET COOL
1. Bake 32 to 36 standard size cupcakes from Sarah's Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe.
2. Let cool.
STEP II: DIP THE CUPCAKE TOPS
1. Dip the tops of the cupcakes in 100 degree F (body temperature; not hot) EASY CHOCOLATE GANACHE.
2. Let cool.
STEP III: FROST THE GANACE TOPPED CUPCAKES WITH SWISS MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM FLAVORED WITH JAM - BLUEBERRY VARIATION
1. Fit a pastry bag with a Wilton 1M piping tip. Fill with the Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
2. Swirl the frosting on the ganache topped cupcakes.
VIDEO - Icing Swirls - How to Make the Perfect One
3. Optionally top each one with a blueberry.
Cupcakes are stored according to their fillings and frostings.
You can use the buttercream immediately, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days, or refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to ten days.
SARAH SAYS: I recommend refrigerating Swiss Meringue Buttercream at all times.