Recipe by CYNDI65, Premium Member © 2007 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com
Photo by CYNDI65, Premium Member © 2007 Sarah Phillips
I tasted these bars for the first time at my neighbor's house, and flipped my lid! They were so delicious that I asked for the recipe, which I share with you. I plan on giving them as gifts for Christmas, if any of them ever make it out of my kitchen! The combination of flavors is incredible.
COOKIE RECIPE HELP
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 (3-1/2 oz) can or 1-1/3 cups flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Adjust oven shelf to the middle of the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for ovenproof glass or dark nonstick pan).
2. Melt the butter and pour it into the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle crumbs over butter, and then pour condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
3. Top with remaining ingredients, and press down firmly.
4. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Completely cool or chill thoroughly, if desired.
Cut into evenly sized bars.
Keep refrigerated for a few days. The bars freeze well for a month or more.