Copyright © 2000 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com All rights reserved.
Ever wonder how to get that perfect icing swirl on top of your cupcakes or cake? The technique is easy to do once you get the hang of it.
This how to baking technique is used with the:
Brownie Bites Tutorial
You will need:
1. One Wilton 1M piping tip
2. Piping Bag
3. Buttercream Icing, medium consistency. We use the technique with the Mint Swiss Meringue Buttercream Tutorial and the Coffee and Mocha Swirled Perfect Buttercream Tutorial
Step-by-Step Technique / VIDEO of the process.
1. Hold the decorating tip about 1/4-inch above the cupcake top at a 90 degree or a slight angle to cupcake surface;
2. Pipe a spiral of icing, beginning at the outer edge and working inward;
3. Once you reach the center, stop the pressure, pull the tip straight up and away; and,
4. Optionally, on top, pipe a second spiral, smaller (not as wide). End spiral at center. Stop pressure; pull tip straight up and away.