Copyright © 2000 Sarah Phillips CraftyBaking.com All rights reserved.
Have you ever wanted to know how to swirl a fruit puree into homemade ice cream, and have the swirls show throughout? You can also use store-bought ice cream; just soften it before placing it in the baking pan to swirl with your choice or fresh fruit purees or even some fruit jam, first heated with a small amount lemon juice, and then strained.
We show you this how to baking technique with our Lemon Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream Recipe Tutorial.
HOW TO TIPS:
1. While the ice cream churns or softens (but not melts), line an 8- x 8-inch pan with plastic wrap.
2. Spoon about 1/2 of the churned ice cream into the plastic-lined pan.
3. Spoon one half of the blueberry puree swirl mixture in dollops over the surface of the ice cream.
4. Using a chopstick, swirl the blueberry sauce through the ice cream.
Be careful to not cut through or disturb the plastic wrap that is lining the pan.
5. Add the rest of the ice cream base to the pan and place dollops of the remaining blueberry puree swirl mixture on top.
6. Using a chopstick, swirl the blueberry sauce through the top layer of ice cream; do not touch the chopstick to the bottom of the pan, and swirl the bottom layer of the previously swirled ice cream and blueberry puree.
5. Cover the finished ice cream, with plastic wrap, pressed directly on the surface, and freeze at least 5 hours, or overnight.